Post of Volunteer Co-ordinator.
Hours: 12 hours per week (Tuesdays/Fridays) with small amount of
Salary: NJC scale point 19 – currently £19,446 pro rata, (£10.08 per hour, with pay rise from April 1st to £10.34 per hour.)
Location: Stokesley and District Community Care Association, Town Close, North Road, Stokesley (Other locations as required).
Context: Reports to Stokesley and District Community Care Association Manager.
The post holder will have primary responsibility for the following tasks:
- Recruit, interview, take up references, DBS check, select and supervise volunteers for SDCCA. Create and keep accurate records.
- Provide written reports for Executive Meetings, attend the AGM and other meetings as requested by the Trustees.
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and securing appropriate funding for Volunteer activities, including completing grant applications
- Attend appropriate meetings representing Community Care.
- Travel to Richmond to carry out necessary work linked to Volunteer drivers in that area (duties to be carried out on overtime).
- Actively promote our services and use appropriate publicity (including online platforms), marketing and networking to recruit new volunteers.
- Review and update our Volunteer roles.
- Work effectively as part of a small team, including where appropriate supporting office staff in room preparation for visiting groups using our facilities (includes moving room furniture –chairs/seats as appropriate).
- Produce newsletters and operate an open door policy for volunteers.
- Deputise for SDCCA manager when required.
- Any other duties broadly in line with the overall purpose and level of responsibility of the post.
The post holder will need to hold a full driving licence and have use of a vehicle to travel to meetings etc.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring service Check will be required for this post.