What is Volunteering?
Volunteering is anything you do that helps other people or the general community beyond your own family, so long as you do it because you choose to and not for financial gain.
There are many good reasons to volunteer, you may want to:
- Meet new people
- Gain new experience
- Develop or learn new skills
- Meet a new challenge
- Fill spare time
- Make a difference
- A stepping stone back into employment
How do I Volunteer?
The Volunteer Centre is here to help you; we have information about many different volunteering opportunities.
- View hundreds of volunteering opportunities on www.do-it.org.uk
- Contact us for an informal chat when we can match your requirements to a suitable role
- We can put you in contact with local or national organisations that you would like to offer your time to
- We offer ongoing support and advice about all voluntary work
Volunteer Centre Stokesley
Telephone: 01642 710 085
Fax: 01642 710 085
Opening Times: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Answer phone available out of office hours